Many people have the misconception that advertising is good regardless of the medium that is used. However, this could not be further from the truth. While there is a good chance companies will gain some exposure from almost any advertising vehicle, the truth is that millions of dollars are wasted each year on ill-advised advertising campaigns.
A professional Toronto marketing consultant will help companies not only with all of their marketing needs, but also help them develop a focused advertising campaign. Toronto marketing consultants understand that the key to successfully investing in the right advertising vehicle is to understand your target market. Advertising is not cheap. Therefore, it is vital that the appropriate advertising channels are selected as part of your company’s marketing campaign. To accomplish this, Toronto marketing consultants take the time to understand your company’s customer.
Toronto marketing consultants are very skilled in selecting the appropriate advertising platform to use based on your companies and your customers. The following are some of the most common forms of advertising that a Toronto marketing consultant could use as part of your company’s marketing plan:
Traditional or offline advertising is used by most companies and Toronto marketing consultants in some capacity during a marketing campaign. However, the effectiveness of the medium is dependent upon your target markets use of that specific medium.
- Radio: Radio advertising, while effective, can get very expensive, especially if your company is on a limited budget.
- Television: Television advertising is expensive. While this may be used in some cases by Toronto marketing consultants, it is usually reserved for companies with a large budget that are attempting to reach a larger audience.
- Newspaper: Toronto marketing consultants will tell you that this is an effective medium for companies that offer more general products and services.
- Magazine: This is a great option for companies that are in an industry that has an industry magazine with a high volume of readership.
- Direct mail: The key to direct mail is to develop a high specific list of potential customers prior to execution. Direct mail is not very effective if it is not carefully executed and mailed to random potential clients.
- Billboards: Billboard advertising is a great way to target a geographic area and to project a lifestyle.
More and more companies are starting to see the value of internet marketing and how effective is can be to draw in new customers. With so many great tools at their disposal, Toronto marketing consultants can hone in on a specific segment of internet users that is most likely to use your company’s products/services.
- Google Adwords: Commonly referred to as PPC, or pay per click, this form of marketing involved paying for inclusion in search engine results. This is highly targeted and companies can set their monthly budget.
- Facebook Ads: This is Facebook’s version of PPC. It is also highly targeted and ads will appear on pages based on the preferences specified by your Toronto marketing consultant.
- Social media marketing: There has been large shift in the way marketing is approached. Now more than ever it is about the engaging your customers and ensuring you fulfill their needs. Social media is a great way to connect with these customers and make them a fan of your brand.