Every business, whether it is big or small, has a client that is taxing on the business because of the extra attention that’s needed to babysit them; you don’t need these clients in your life. These “high maintenance” clients will be texting you 30 times a day – say “Goodbye” to them but in a nice way.
Here are some tips to get rid of certain clients that suck the life out of you.
- Triple your rates to that client.
- Find a new client to replace that monthly billing.
- Refer the client to a real hungry firm that has the time and energy for their needs.
- Be professional. Don’t tell them they annoy you. Tell them your target customer base is changing.
- Give them proper notice so they can find someone else to hire.
When problem clients are too needy, too bossy, too annoying, it can be taxing on you and your staff and in many cases, it’s better to just part ways.