Blogging is a fancy word for writing. Writing articles that spread facts and information that would be useful to potential customers is smart.
1) It shows consumers you know your stuff. That alone is reason enough to do it.
2) Blogging on your website, improves your Google ranking. Google rewards websites that have useful written content on them with improved rankings.
3) Helpful information given to your clients and potential clients spreads goodwill.
4) It positions you as an authority in your area of specialty. For example, a dentist could blog about dental prevention tips, how to pick a good dentist, etc.
5) Blogs keep prospects engaged while visiting your website and can lower your bounce rate.
If you aren’t already blogging, you should seriously consider it as part of your marketing strategy.