SMALL BUSINESS MARKETING AS SEEN BY THROUGH THE EYES OF A PROFESSIONAL
Young startup companies need to be extra smart and careful when they plan and then execute their small business marketing plans in today’s economy. They don’t have the resources that large companies have and they need to be extra careful as to not put money into ineffective media vehicles. When large companies make mistakes, it doesn’t hurt them as much as it would hurt younger startups because they usually have deeper pockets. Because of this fact, it is critical that, unless you are an advertising expert and well versed in the many principles of small business marketing, you must hire the services of an advertising expert. A high percentage of young startups fail because the original plan they had was unprofessional and not expertly conceived.
WHAT COMMON MISTAKES AN ADVERTISING EXPERT WELL VERSED IN SMALL BUSINESS MARKETING WILL NOT MAKE!
Firstly, he will have experience in helping other companies; your advertising expert will have helped companies that have a similar target audience to the target audience that would be considered your most profitable potential market for your goods and/or services. He will know what is the most efficient, logical and effective way to promote your business. He will keep you from spending money on inefficient media that won’t reap the proper return on investment that you require.
He will steer you away from many mistakes that are common to companies that are not headed by or advised by a advertising expert. Some of these common mistakes are as follows:
- Companies use acronyms in the company name they choose
- They pick a name that is unclear as to what the company does
- They pick a name that gives them a disadvantage in directories
- They don’t understand the value of a tagline
- They don’t have a proper logo and brand identity
- They don’t have a proper advertising and marketing mix
- They don’t look close enough at competition
- They don’t understand the pricing plan as it applies to company positioning
- They are under-financed
- They engage in media that has wasteful circulation
- They are not focussed and have a cloudy corporate direction
- They have a weak product or service offering
- They don’t hire an advertising expert
HIRE AN ADVERTISING EXPERT, OR IN MANY CASES, YOU WILL FAIL!
Small business marketing is really different from that of medium to large organizations for several key reasons. Many business owners attempt to handle their own small business marketing and it has in countless situations backfired. In fact many small startups fail in the first year of operation because they pointed the company in the wrong direction right out of the gate.
SMALL BUSINESS MARKETING IS DIFFERENT
Small business marketing is different, it requires an advertising expert. Be smart and get a advertising expert in your corner and your enterprise will thrive.